This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Once you try Air Fryer Broccoli, you’ll never want to cook it any other way! With crispy florets, tender stems, and the perfect amount of seasoning, this simple air fryer recipe makes broccoli irresistible—yes, even picky eaters will approve! Just 10 minutes of prep and 5 simple ingredients, and you’ve got perfectly air-fried broccoli on the dinner table.
Table of Contents
- Recipe At a Glance
- Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
- Popular Substitutions & Additions
- How to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
- Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Broccoli
- What to Serve With Air Fried Broccoli
- How to Store & Reheat Air Fryer Broccoli
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes:
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
If you thought roasted broccoli was a game-changer, get ready for air fryer broccoli! It’s even crispier than broccoli cooked in the oven, and it takes less time because the air fryer is faster. The air fryer works by circulating hot air around food to cook it. Rather than immersing the broccoli in oil, air fried broccoli just requires a small amount of oil for that perfect crispy texture. Add your air fryer broccoli to recipes (like this Roasted Broccoli & Cheese Soup!) or use it as a side dish for just about any meal. It’s so good, that you might even be tempted to eat it as a snack!
Recipe At a Glance
Cuisine Inspiration: American
Primary Cooking Method: Air fryer
Dietary Info: Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, keto, low-carb
Key Flavor: Savory and bright (thanks to a squeeze of lemon juice!)
Skill Level: Easy
- Easy Enough for a Busy Weeknight: This air fryer broccoli recipe is super simple, with just a few steps and a handful of ingredients—many of which you probably have on hand already! It’s also ready to eat in only 20 minutes.
- Versatile: You can easily customize this air fryer broccoli recipe by adding your favorite seasonings or drizzling the broccoli with Tahini Sauce or Lebanese Garlic Sauce (Toum).
- Crispy and Delicious: The circulating heat of the air fryer creates a crispy exterior while keeping the broccoli tender on the inside, giving it the perfect texture and irresistible flavor.
- Pair It With Any Meal: This is a nice, neutral recipe that works with a wide range of cuisines and flavors. You’ll find yourself making roasted broccoli in the air fryer as one of your go-to side dishes!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
- Broccoli: I use a head of broccoli, but if you have a bag of florets, that will work just fine too—and it will save you a little prep work!
- Olive oil: No need for a pricy olive oil here. Whatever you use for cooking is fine!
- Salt and black pepper: Coarse, freshly ground black pepper is especially delicious for air fried broccoli.
- Lemon wedges: For a bright finish, serve this air fryer broccoli recipe with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- Add cheese. For an extra boost of flavor, add freshly grated Parmesan cheese to your air fried broccoli right after removing it from the air fryer. Freshly grated Parm will melt beautifully onto the hot broccoli. (Shelf-stable grated Parmesan is also tasty here, but it won’t melt.)
- Spice it up. Add some heat by tossing cayenne pepper with the broccoli before cooking or red pepper flakes after cooking.
- Switch up the seasonings. Try adding garlic powder, seven-spice seasoning, Italian seasoning, or even a sprinkle of fresh or dried herbs like thyme or rosemary.
- Make lemon pepper air fryer broccoli. Finish the broccoli with extra black pepper and lemon zest in addition to the juice.
How to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into florets and add it to a bowl.
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the broccoli into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry until the broccoli is tender-crisp, shaking halfway through the cooking time.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Broccoli
- Don’t toss the broccoli stalks. I recommend peeling off the woody outer layers and then you can enjoy them fresh with a ranch dip or even air fry them like I did in this video.
- Start with dry broccoli. Before adding the oil and seasonings, make sure the broccoli is dry; if it’s not, pat it dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels. This will help ensure a crispy exterior.
- Don’t crowd the basket. As with all air fryer recipes, it’s important not to overcrowd the basket. Make sure there’s enough space between the broccoli florets for the air to circulate and cook the florets evenly—otherwise, they’ll steam and won’t get crispy!
- Flip or shake halfway through. To ensure even browning, flip the broccoli florets halfway through the cooking time.
What to Serve With Air Fried Broccoli
How to Store & Reheat Air Fryer Broccoli
Store leftover air fryer broccoli in an airtight container. For best results, reheat the broccoli in the air fryer at 350°F for about 5 minutes or in the microwave until it’s heated through.
How Long Will Air Fryer Broccoli Last in the Fridge?
You can refrigerate this air fried broccoli recipe for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze Air Fried Broccoli?
This air fryer broccoli can also be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag. Let it thaw in the refrigerator, then reheat according to the instructions above. Not that the texture will be different and may be a little more soggy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why isn’t my air fryer broccoli crispy?
If your broccoli isn’t crispy, it could be due to excess moisture or overcrowding in the air fryer basket. Unfortunately, you can’t fix this after the fact, but next time you make roasted broccoli in the air fryer, pat the broccoli dry and leave room in the basket for air circulation.
Do I really need to preheat my air fryer?
I recommend preheating your air fryer for best results. Just like with an oven, preheating ensures even cooking and a crispy exterior.
Can I use frozen broccoli for this recipe?
While you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe, it will be softer and less crispy than using fresh. Thaw it first and pat it dry as best as you can before adding the oil and seasonings.
With its easy preparation, quick cooking time, and endless versatility, there’s no doubt that you’ll love this air fryer broccoli recipe! Trust me when I say it’s going to become your new favorite back pocket side dish.
More Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes:
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Vegetables
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
If you try this feel good Air Fryer Broccoli recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Preheat an air fryer to 380ºF.
- Prepare the broccoli by cutting them into florets so they are relatively equal in size.
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl along with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the broccoli to the air fryer in a single layer. You may need to cook in two batches. Cook until crisp tender, shaking the basket halfway through, for 8-10 minutes total.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.